Here are some of the most popular links which are worth looking at, and keep in mind that they will be able to link you to many other sites not listed here!
Make sure you also check our print resources section for more links to resume and cover letter samples, job search handouts, and program related resources.
Career Assessment and Planning
- TypeFocus - assess your career based on your personality, transferable skills, and interests. Visit Services for Students page (log in to get access) and look for TypeFocus.
- Choices Planner - a customized portfolio page guides students to assess careers. (Please contact the Career Services to gain a site ID and Passwords to gain access to this site.)
- CareerCruising.com - is an interactive career assessment and exploration tool.
- LinkedIn Jobs - Your next job might already be on LinkedIn. Have a look.
- Humber Student Work Placement Services - is a place where Humber students can look for and apply for work placement positions. Available for Humber students and alumni.
- Humber Community Employment Service Centres - Job Boards with employers' job postings.
- Job Opportunities For Graduates - There are a variety of current opportunities available to job seekers under the age of 30 through the Partnership to Advance Youth Employment (PAYE).
- Jobbank.gc.ca - is operated by the Government of Canada and its job search tool allows you to search current job openings from coast to coast.
- TalentEgg.ca - connects college and university students and recent graduates with high-quality student jobs, internships, summer jobs, co-op work terms and entry level jobs.
- Eluta.ca - the Canadian nonprofit sector's largest and most popular online resource for recruiting, news and how-to information.
- Indeed.ca - is a global job search engine that is available in more than 50 countries and 26 languages.
- Neuvoo.ca - a Canadian job search engine that indexes jobs directly for free from companies' career websites, placement agencies and job boards.
- Jobpostings.ca - Canada's premier job-hunting resource for students and fresh grads. It hosts job boards for those seeking entry level jobs, student jobs, internships, summer jobs, seasonal work and co-op placements.
- Apprenticesearch.com - The website is designed to help connect apprentices and employers across Ontario.
- Ontario Internship Program - the Ontario Internship Program (OIP) hires up to 100 interns each year and offers two one-year paid contracts in a wide range of ministries and agencies across the Ontario Public Service (OPS).
- Career Edge - connecting multi-sector businesses with diverse, qualified talent through paid internship programs to fulfill talent strategies for recent grads, internationally qualified professionals and graduates with disabilities.
- Localwork.ca - has the ability to connect student/graduates with local jobs within the community.
- CharityVillage.com [Not-for-Profit] - the Canadian nonprofit sector's largest and most popular online resource for recruiting, news and how-to information.
- Connect for the Best [Hospitality] - connecting hospitality and service professionals with temporary shifts online. Work available at hotels, restaurants and banquet halls across the GTA.
- Mediacareers.ca [Media] - Whether you are a student, recent graduate or a seasoned professional, this is a site for those interested in finding a media jobs; digital media, marketing, film, tv, communications.
- Healthcarejob.ca [Health Care] - Provides access to healthcare jobs across Canada.
- Media Job Search Canada [Performing Arts] - Search Canadian Performing Arts Websites for existing job opportunities in each province.
- Wowjobs.ca - Search over 100000 jobs from thousands of job sites, classifieds and company sites across Canada.
Career Research, Guidance and Networking
- LinkedIn.com - a must-have social media for your networking and career development.
- TenThousandCoffees - designed to connect students, recent grads, and young professionals with industry leaders and experts over a cup of coffee.
- Futurpreneur.ca - offers entrepreneurs fully integrated services that are built around the 'life cycle' of a young entrepreneur, helping to ensure the success of every new start-up.
- Libguides.humber.ca/careersearch - this guide assists students to explore, research, and prepare for successful career planning and job hunting.
- Glassdoor.ca - helps you explore an inside look at jobs and companies; anonymous salaries, company reviews, interview questions.
- Salary.com - helps you to answer the question "What's your salary expectation"?
- Onwin.ca - specializes in providing links to work and career related websites in Ontario.
- Workingincanada.gc.ca - is the Government of Canada's leading source for labour market information; educational requirements, main duties, wage rates, current employment trends and outlooks.
- Workstory.net - telling and sharing work stories. When you read and hear the right one at the right time, it might set you on a path to work that you love.