Ontario Work Study

Working on Campus

Part-time jobs may be available in departments such as computer labs, Student Residence, Peer Tutoring, Athletics, Library, Campus Tours, and academic offices. Most positions are flexible around the student's timetable and the rate of pay is between $11 - $16/hour.

To be eligible to participate you:

  • Must have lived in Ontario continuously for the past year, as a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
  • Must be a full-time student taking a minimum workload of 60%, (summer only - or are a full-time student now and returning in the fall).
  • Must be in satisfactory academic standing and demonstrate financial need.



If you are applying for a work study position set to begin on September 1st or later, DO NOT complete the summer eligibility form below.

SUMMER 2014 ONLY (Any position starting before Sept 1, 2015)

To apply electronically:

There are 2 applications for spring/summer available for download:

Full-time Summer Student Application (if you are a Full-time student all summer - you are able to work LESS than 24 hours)

Summer Application (If you are a Full-time current student, NOT taking classes in the summer, and returning in the Fall - you are able to work MORE than 24 hours)

  • Complete ALL details on the Work Study Application Form and email to
  • If you qualify, you will receive a Work Study Confirmation Letter, which confirms that you can apply to positions on campus that are funded through the Work Study program.
  • If you are still looking for a Fall/Winter application, please go to H107 at North or H201 at Lakeshore to complete.

To apply in person:

  • Visit the Career Centre in Room H107 (North campus) or H201 (Lakeshore campus) to pick up a Work Study Application Form
  • Bring the completed application form to the Career Centre. If you qualify, you will receive a signed Work Study Eligibility Form

Once you have been approved:

  • If you are a Humber student, search positions online through
  • If you are a Guelph-Humber student, go to or GH108
  • If you are interviewed and if you accept the position, you will be required to participate in a Health & Safety Training session.
  • Apply directly to the department with a job posting of interest to you (you may apply for several positions in several departments). You should provide your resume, a copy of the Work Study Eligibility Form, and a copy of your timetable (if applicable).

For International Students

If you are an international student, there are limited opportunities for work on-campus:

  • 1. Review the on-campus job postings on the job portal at
  • 2. If you see a job that you are interested in, email or visit the manager to see if they would hire you. If the manager offers to hire you, come to the Career Centre for an Employment Contract Form.
  • 3. Get the form signed by the department manager and take it to a local Service Canada office in order to obtain a Social Insurance Number (SIN).

Check out our handout for more information.

[Back to top]