Working on Campus
Part-time jobs may be available in departments such as computer labs, Student Residence, Peer Tutoring, Athletics, Library, Campus Tours, and academic offices. Most positions are flexible around the student's timetable and the rate of pay is between $11 - $16/hour.
NOTE: Many on-campus positions require a student be "work study eligible". These positions are only available to Ontario residents.
To be eligible to participate you:
- Must have lived in Ontario continuously for the past year, as a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Must be a full-time student taking a minimum course load of 60%, (summer only - or are a full-time student now and returning in the fall).
- Must be in satisfactory academic standing and demonstrate financial need.
INFORMATION ON FALL 2014 POSITIONS
HUMBER STUDENTS ONLY (Domestic)
The Work Study Application form MUST now be completed online at www/humber.ca/MyHumber
Click on Student Awards & Financial Aid and then click on Apply for Student Aid Select Work Study from the drop down menu
UNIVERSITY OF GUELPH-HUMBER STUDENTS
For International Students
Once you have been approved:
- You can search for positions online through careers.humber.ca and ghworks.guelphhumber.ca.
- If you are interviewed and if you accept the position, you will be required to participate in a Health & Safety Training session.
- Apply directly to the department with a job posting of interest to you (you may apply for several positions in several departments). You should provide your resume, a copy of the Work Study Eligibility Form, and a copy of your timetable (if applicable).