I am a Humber College FACULTY/STAFF looking to hire a Work Study student
Below you'll find important information on Work Study dates and processes. If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WORK STUDY CONTRACT DATES
Work Study contract dates:
- Summer 2019: April 29th, 2019 - September 2nd, 2019
- 40 hours per week (must be attending zero or part-time classes in the summer, and full-time in Fall 2019)
- 24 hours per week (if attending classes full-time in the summer)
- Fall/Winter 2019-2020: September 3rd 2019 - May 1st, 2020
Maximum working hours:
Maximum working hours: 24 hours per week (must be attending classes full-time)
WORK STUDY APPLICATION PROCESS FOR STUDENTS
- For Humber College students: Work Study applications through MyHumber will open on Monday July 29th, 2019.
- To apply for Work Study approval, Humber College students must apply online at humber.ca/myhumber by following these steps:
- Go to humber.ca/myhumber
- Log in with your MyHumber credentials
- Click the Student Awards & Financial Aid tab
- Select Apply for Student Aid
- Complete the Work Study application form
- For University of Guelph-Humber students: they will have to complete the paper application form at Careers North (located on the 1st floor of the LRC)
WHERE CAN I WORK ON CAMPUS?
All contracts will be created in the Human Resource Management System (HRMS) and processed by HR.
Hiring Managers are responsible for:
- Creating and submitting contracts in HRMS.
- Ensuring the information entered on the contracts are accurate (rate of pay, FOAP).
- Communicating with students to be hired to ensure they create a profile in HRMS and upload their banking information and Work Study Approval Form.
Contracts submitted in HRMS will not be processed by HR without the Work Study Approval Form. Students must go into HRMS and upload the Approval Form themselves.
Processing Work Study and Non Work Study Student Employees on HRMS
When processing student hires on HRMS, please ensure you're using the following Requisition Templates on HRMS for processing student employees. This ensures students are being paid from your appropriate Accounts.
When selecting a Requisition Template, select the correct option below:
Students working 24hrs or less (For fall/winter/summer term contracts)
1. "NFT - Student - Work Study Contract" - Work Study Approved Student employees
2. "NFT - Student Contract (Non Work Study)" - Non Work Study Eligible Student employees (ie. international students or part-time students)
Students working 35hrs or more (For summer term contracts only)
1. "NFT - Appendix G (Summer Student) Work Study Contract" - Work Study Approved Student employees
2. "NFT - Appendix G (Summer Student) Contract" - Non Work Study Eligible Student employees (ie. international students or part-time students)
For more information about hiring using HRMS, please contact the HR Support Centre (416.675.5001) and/or visit humber.ca/hrms
STAY UP TO DATE
Opt in to receive important Work Study communications via e-mail by sending us your contact information at email@example.com