I am a HUMBER COLLEGE STUDENT looking for work on campus
If you are an International student, please click here.
WORKING ON CAMPUS ELIGIBILITY
Work Study Program:
If you are a full-time, domestic student in financial need, you may be eligible for a part-time Work Study job right on campus. It's a great way to gain valuable work experience, connect with others in the Humber College community, and stay on top of your finances- with hours that will fit your schedule.
To qualify for Work Study approval, you must:
- Be a Domestic student(Permanent Resident, Canadian Citizen, or Protected Person) currently enrolled in studies.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Carry more than 60% of a full-time course load or 40% of a course load if registered with Accessible Learning Services.
- Maintain good standing in a ministry-approved post-secondary program.
- Maintain status as Full-Time student to maintain eligibility as a work study student.
If you meet all of the criteria above, you can apply for Work Study approval. If you get approved, you will then be able to apply for Work Study positions on campus.
On Campus Non-Work Study Positions:
If you are not eligible for a Work Study job; there are many other opportunities available on campus. Check the Career Portal at careerconnect.humber.ca to view postings, and visit the Career Service for more information.
APPLY FOR WORK STUDY APPROVAL
To apply for Work Study approval, Humber College students must apply online at humber.ca/myhumber by following these steps:
- Go to humber.ca/myhumber
- Log in with your MyHumber credentials
- Click the Student Awards & Financial Aid tab
- Select Apply for Student Aid
- Complete the Work Study application form
When to apply for Work Study approval:
- Applications for Work Study approval are available during different times of the year depending on which semester you will be in a Work Study position.
- Fall/Winter 2019-2020 Work Study applications open on Monday July 29th, 2019 through MyHumber.
Once you are Work Study approved, you can apply for positions on campus. Some job postings will be listed "On-Campus/Work Study", this means they are looking to hire a student who has been Work Study approved.
To view jobs available on campus, follow these steps:
- Visit careerconnect.humber.ca and log in with your MyHumber credentials
- Click on Jobs > Search > Available Jobs
- For on campus jobs, under the search bar, there is a "See all jobs" button that drops down more filters. Under Position Type, select On-Campus/Work Study and it will list Work Study positions currently hiring
- You will need to apply whichever way is described on the job posting you are interested in
For tutorial videos on how to navigate CareerConnect, our job search site where on-campus positions are listed, click here.
Need help with your resume or cover letter? Humber's Career Services provides free resume reviews and career assessment to help you better identify positions to assist with your personal and professional goals.
ONCE YOU ARE HIRED
Congratulations! You've been hired for a job on campus. All Work Study roles require students to attend a set of mandatory trainings that can be scheduled directly with their supervisor.
These may vary per role, but will include:
- Health & Safety Training
- AODA Accessible Customer Service Training
- Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation & Ontario Human Rights Code Training
- Pathways to Human Rights, Education and Actions Training
- Sexual Violence Training for Employees
Don't forget to add this experience to your Co-Curricular Record, which is a formal record of skill development that takes place outside of the classroom but on campus.