On and Off-Campus Recruiting
Connecting you to on-campus and community events
Summer Jobs at Ontario Parks 2023
March 22, 2023, 5 PM - 6:30 PM, Online
We will provide an overview of Ontario Parks, the types of student jobs available, and how to apply!
- Park Ranger Student Summer Jobs - Students apply here
- Our Website - Careers at Ontario Parks
- Park Rangers
- Careers in Ontario Parks - 15 minutes one-on-one sessions for student candidates to set up a time
RBC Financial Literacy Workshop - Investments
March 22, 2023, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Online event, By First Year Experience at Humber College
Start saving early! In Canada, you have a number of options when it comes to where you keep your savings and how to allocate that money. During this session, we will review general information about registered and non-registered accounts, their features and benefits, and how to maximize them to build your wealth.
This Way Onward (TWO) at YES Open for 2023
This Way Onward (TWO) is a partnership between Gap Inc and Old Navy, and Youth Employment Services YES to provide youth (ages 16 to 24) a Way In to Gap Inc. employment opportunities, and a Way Up the Gap Inc. corporate ladder with professional development and coaching. It is a free program with ongoing enrollment throughout the year, and we are excited to have your youth be a part of it!
TWO youth participate in online workshops and activities to enhance and gain many skills and prepare for employment, specifically with Old Navy. Program topics include customer service skills, resume and job search skills, teamwork and collaboration, financial literacy, interviewing skills, mental health practices and much more.
This is how the TWO program works:
1. Youth 16-24 year’s old sign up using this link
2. Complete 3 live virtual workshops (which we will send more information about soon) with us on the selected date and time.
3. Complete online modules on your own time.
4. Upon completion of the workshops, you get a Certificate of Completion!
5. We share job postings, events, and ongoing trainings from TWO and Old Navy with program graduates, and support you in Old Navy job search.
6. When hired, the program provides start-up supports and are an ongoing resource to help with continued learning and career growth!
After graduating from TWO, you will become an alumni which enables you to join our alumni network and connect with many others who help you gain insight, collaborate and work towards your goals! You will also continue to have access to a career counselor and many other events that occur throughout the year.
Career Exploration: You’re Invited!
Enbridge Gas is Canada’s largest natural gas storage, transmission, and distribution company based in Ontario. They are passionate about diverse perspectives, celebrating our differences, fostering belonging and championing fairness, and equity in the workplace. This is why they are such a closer partner of Build a Dream and why they have chosen to host an event dedicated specifically to employing more women! This virtual event, called Explore Employment @Enbridge, is geared towards female students, recent graduates and job seekers who are interested in learning more about the different employment opportunities offered at Enbridge.
Join us on Wednesday, March 29th 2023 on our interactive virtual platform as we discuss the different career opportunities that Enbridge has to offer. You’ll hear from a diverse group of women who are work with Enbridge as they share their work experience and empower you to explore fulfilling careers you may never have considered before!
Click HERE to register
Interviewing Skills with InStage Live
Date and time:
Thu, March 30, 2023, 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM, Online
Join Humber Alumni, the Longo Centre for Entrepreneurship and InStage for an interactive and engaging experience leveraging Artificial Intelligence (AI) to develop interview skills.
As a bonus, 15 attendees will be randomly selected to receive exclusive InStage licenses to access simulations on their own.
Registrants will receive a Zoom link to attend closer to the event date.
Volunteer Positions for Animal Sanctuary in Ontario
FULL-TIME VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
Aspen Valley Wildlife Sanctuary is dedicated to the rescue and rehabilitation of injured, sick and orphaned wildlife. Once rehabilitated these animals are released back into the wild.
In the spring and summer months when animal admissions are at their highest, 16 full-time volunteers live on site in Rosseau (Muskoka), ON.
• Duties range from animal care and food preparation, to enclosure set-up and maintenance.
• Volunteers must commit to a minimum of four consecutive weeks, and live on site in shared accommodation provided at no cost. Hours can be long during busy seasons.
• Volunteers are responsible for their own transportation and food costs. Many come from around the world. In fact, almost 50% of our fulltime volunteers are international.
Learn more at www.aspenvalley.ca, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Calendar of Humber and Community Events
Scroll through to see a full list of on and off campus events and workshops. Click on an event to add it to your Google calendar.
Off-campus events are not vetted by Humber College, and attending these events is at your own risk.
Career Services Event Peer Assisted Learning Support Humber Community Employment Services Community Event