Policies for Students
To ensure the quality of our services and to better assist Humber students, alumni and other users of our services, the Academic and Career Success Centre has established policies and guidelines for all recruiting activities sponsored by our office. We follow the Canadian Association of Career Educators and Employers (CACEE) Guidelines for Ethical Recruitment.
This document sets out terms and condition of use for ethical recruitment on Humber College Career Connect. These guidelines are intended to provide a framework for the professional relationships between employers, students, and career educators.
Terms and Conditions of Use
This page states the Terms and Conditions under which you may use the job posting service (Career Connect) at Humber College. Please read this page carefully. If you do not accept the Terms and Conditions stated here, do not use this Website and service. By using this Website, you are indicating your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Humber College may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this posting. You should visit this page periodically to review the Terms and Conditions, because they are binding on you.
Career Connect is a career and work integrated learning (placement/internship/co-op) management system that makes use of your personal information in order to provide you with its' full suite of services. Your personal and academic information listed in Career Connect comes from MyHumber and is used and seen by Humber College staff to identify you, contact you, target relevant job opportunities to you, invite you to events such as career fairs and workshops, determine your eligibility for certain internship programs, and to improve the quality of our career advising services. This information includes, but is not limited to name, Humber ID, address, telephone number, e-mail address, semester and program. You can set your notification settings under 'My Account' in your Career Connect account.
Please note that Career Connect may contain links to other independently run websites outside our domain for which we have no control. Humber College is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other websites to which you choose to visit from the Career Connect website. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other websites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
It is the student's responsibility to:
- Comply with all relevant federal and provincial legislation.
- Provide accurate and appropriate information on resumes, application forms and in interviews.
- Comply with Humber College Student Code of Conduct, Academic Regulations Policy, & Human Rights Policy
- Prepare for the interview.
- Notify the employer well in advance if interviews must be rescheduled or cancelled.
- Acknowledge invitations for site visits or second interviews promptly whether accepted or rejected.
- Notify employers well in advance if site visits or second interviews must be postponed or cancelled.
- Accept interview invitations only when seriously considering a position with the employer.
- Discuss offers with employers to verify terms and reach mutually acceptable responses.
- Respond to every offer whether it is to be accepted or rejected.
- Notify employers of acceptance or rejection of an offer as soon as a decision is made.
- Honour the acceptance of the offer as it is a contractual agreement with the employer.
Humber College will investigate complaints about students that are received and reserve the right to disable Career Connect accounts or disable access to specific services within the system.
Employer Recruitment Policy
Career Connect is only a venue. This Website acts as a venue for employers to post job opportunities and although we do screen job postings and follow up when information seems incomplete or "suspicious", we cannot guarantee the accuracy or authenticity of job postings. Humber College strongly encourages students to thoroughly research companies to ensure that you make well-informed employment decisions. Find resources in the Document Library in your Career Connect account or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on protecting yourself in your job search.
Humber College requires employers who use Career Connect to adhere to the Employment Standards Act, The Ontario Human Rights Code, and Occupational Health & Safety Act in their recruitment and employment practices.
See the full Employer Recruitment policy here for details on rights and responsibilities Employers using Career Connect are expected to abide by.
Should you encounter any difficulties with employers on Career Connect, or find inaccuracies, please contact the Academic & Career Success Centre immediately at email@example.com. We will investigate complaints and ban any employers whose practices are deemed fraudulent, unethical, or illegal.
Registration and Password
Your personal and academic information listed in Career Connect comes from MyHumber and it is your responsibility to inform Humber College of any changes to that information by updating your MyHumber account. Each Career Connect account is for a single individual only. You are responsible for preventing unauthorized use and for maintaining the confidentiality of your account. You must notify firstname.lastname@example.org immediately if you believe there has been unauthorized use.
Changes to this Site
The College may terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of Career Connect, including
- Changing the availability of any features at any time without notice or liability;
- Changing any fees or charges for use of the site, including instituting new or increased fees or charges for the use of the site or any other site-related services or any features thereof;
- Removing, adding, modifying or otherwise changing any content on or from this site; or
- Imposing limits on certain features and services or restricting your access to parts or all of this site without notice or liability for any reason whatsoever.
Humber College reserves the right but not the duty, in its sole discretion, to correct any errors or omissions in any portion of this site at any time without notice.
*Policy currently under revision.