Working On Campus (Work Study)
I am a UNIVERSITY OF GUELPH-HUMBER STUDENT looking for work on campus
If you are an International student, please click here.
If you are a University of Guelph-Humber student seeking approval to work for a University of Guelph-Humber School or Department click here.
If you are a University of Guelph-Humber student seeking approval to work for a Humber College School or Department:
To qualify for Work Study approval, you must:
- Be a Domestic student (Permanent Resident, Canadian Citizen, or Protected Person) currently enrolled in studies.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Carry more than 60% of a full-time course load or 40% of a course load if registered with Accessible Learning Services.
- Maintain good standing in a ministry-approved post-secondary program.
- Maintain status as Full-Time student to maintain eligibility as a work study student.
If you meet all of the criteria above, you can apply for Work Study approval. If you get approved, you will then be able to apply for Work Study positions on campus.
Fall/Winter 2022-2023 Work Study applications will be available on Aug 2, 2022.
University of Guelph-Humber students have to fill out a paper application form, which can be found below:
Email your completed form to email@example.com for approval.
Once you are Work Study approved, you can apply for positions on campus. Some job postings will be listed "Work Study Only", this means they are looking to hire a student who has been Work Study approved.
To view jobs available on campus, follow these steps:
- University of Guelph-Humber students need to e-mail their full name, student number, username, and program to firstname.lastname@example.org to register for CareerConnect
- Click on Jobs > Search > Available Jobs
- For on campus jobs, under the search bar, there is a "See all jobs" button that drops down more filters. Under Position Type, select On-Campus/Work Study and it will list Work Study positions currently hiring
- You will need to apply whichever way is described on the job posting you are interested in
For tutorial videos on how to navigate CareerConnect, our job search site where on-campus positions are listed, click here.
Congratulations! You've been hired for a job on campus. All Work Study roles require students to attend a set of mandatory trainings that can be scheduled directly with their supervisor.
These may vary per role, but will include:
- Health & Safety Training
- AODA Accessible Customer Service Training
- Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation & Ontario Human Rights Code Training
- Pathways to Human Rights, Education and Actions Training
- Sexual Violence Training for Employees
- Review COVID-19 Safety Plan and complete the COVID-19 Safety Plan Acknowledgement Form
Don't forget to add this experience to your Co-Curricular Record, which is a formal record of skill development that takes place outside of the classroom but on campus.