Useful Career Links
New links will be added continuously as they are updated.
Useful Career Links
Here are links to help you in your career development and job search.
DISCLAIMER: The links shared on this page are for services and resources external to Humber College and are provided for informational purposes only. Humber College does not endorse or approve any of the products, employment opportunities, services or opinions of the corporations or organizations listed.
Looking to discover more about yourself and career options for you? You can check out our TypeFocus, Choices Planner and Career Cruising tools. To get access, please connect with your Career & Academic Success Advisor by email (not booking links). You can find this information here »
- TypeFocus - assess your career based on your personality, transferable skills, and interests.
- Choices Planner - explore career and education options, then track your progress through successful plans.
- CareerCruising.com - is an interactive career assessment and exploration tool with detailed information on various Canadian career options.
- Career Decision Making Workbook - If you are unsure what you want to do after school or throughout your career, this guide is for you.
- Humber Community Employment Service Centres - Job Boards with employers' job postings.
- Humber Student Work Placement Services is a place where Humber students & alumni can look for and apply for work placement positions. Select your faculty below for more information:
General Job Search Sites
- ca.jooble.org New - a website that bills itself as in the top-3 largest job aggregators in the world with more than 1M users from Canada every month.
- LinkedIn Jobs - your next job might already be on LinkedIn. Have a look.
- jobbank.gc.ca - is operated by the Government of Canada and its job search tool allows you to search current job openings from coast to coast.
- TalentEgg.ca - connects college and university students and recent graduates with high-quality student jobs, internships, summer jobs, co-op work terms and entry level jobs.
- eluta.ca - the Canadian nonprofit sector's largest and most popular online resource for recruiting, news and how-to information.
- indeed.ca - is a global job search engine that is available in more than 50 countries and 26 languages.
- ca.talent.com - a Canadian job search engine that indexes jobs directly for free from companies' career websites, placement agencies and job boards.
- jobpostings.ca - Canada's premier job-hunting resource for students and fresh grads. It hosts job boards for those seeking entry level jobs, student jobs, internships, summer jobs, seasonal work and co-op placements.
- ca.jobgurus.net - aggregates jobs from over ten thousand employer, recruiter and government sites across Canada and provides jobs in a simple, intuitive way to job seekers.
- wowjobs.ca - search over 100000 jobs from thousands of job sites, classifieds and company sites across Canada.
Targeted Job Search Sites
- New Employment Opportunities with the Federal Government - University Information session, May 13, 2021, Useful Links
- Job Opportunities For Graduates - There are a variety of current opportunities available to job seekers under the age of 30 through the Partnership to Advance Youth Employment (PAYE).
- Localwork.ca - has the ability to connect student/graduates with local jobs within the community.
- CharityVillage.com [Not-for-Profit] - the Canadian nonprofit sector's largest and most popular online resource for recruiting, news and how-to information.
- jobsinfarnortheast.com - On this portal, you will find hundreds of current, regional job opportunities for full-time and part-time employment. This is the place for job seekers and employers to connect in Ontario's Far North East!
- Career Edge - connecting multi-sector businesses with diverse, qualified talent through paid internship programs to fulfill talent strategies for recent grads, internationally qualified professionals and graduates with disabilities.
- Ontario Internship Program - the Ontario Internship Program (OIP) hires up to 100 interns each year and offers two one-year paid contracts in a wide range of ministries and agencies across the Ontario Public Service (OPS).
- Apprenticesearch.com - The website is designed to help connect apprentices and employers across Ontario.
- New Career Hub - the Learning Portal - Colleges Libraries Ontario
- Glassdoor.ca - helps you explore an inside look at jobs and companies; anonymous salaries, company reviews, interview questions.
- Salary.com - helps you to answer the question "What's your salary expectation"?
- Workingincanada.gc.ca - is the Government of Canada's leading source for labour market information; educational requirements, main duties, wage rates, current employment trends and outlooks.
- Libguides.humber.ca/careersearch - this guide assists students to explore, research, and prepare for successful career planning and job hunting.
Career Guidance & Networking
- LinkedIn.com - a must-have social media for your networking and career development.
- TenThousandCoffees - designed to connect students, recent grads, and young professionals with industry leaders and experts over a cup of coffee.
- Workstory.net - telling and sharing work stories. When you read and hear the right one at the right time, it might set you on a path to work that you love.
- Futurpreneur.ca - offers entrepreneurs fully integrated services that are built around the 'life cycle' of a young entrepreneur, helping to ensure the success of every new start-up.