Working On Campus (Work Study)

I am a HUMBER COLLEGE STUDENT looking for work on campus

If you are an International student, please click here.

Work Study Program:

If you are a full-time, domestic student in financial need, you may be eligible for a part-time Work Study job right on campus. It's a great way to gain valuable work experience, connect with others in the Humber College community, and stay on top of your finances- with hours that will fit your schedule.

To qualify for Work Study approval, you must:

  • Be a Domestic student (Permanent Resident, Canadian Citizen, or Protected Person) currently enrolled in studies.
  • Demonstrate financial need.
  • Carry more than 60% of a full-time course load or 40% of a course load if registered with Accessible Learning Services.
  • Maintain good standing in a ministry-approved post-secondary program.
  • Maintain status as Full-Time student to maintain eligibility as a work study student.

If you meet all of the criteria above, you can apply for Work Study approval. If you get approved, you will then be able to apply for Work Study positions on campus.

On Campus Non-Work Study Positions:

If you are not eligible for a Work Study job; there are many other opportunities available on campus. Check the Career Portal at to view postings, and visit the Career Service for more information.

To apply for Work Study approval, Humber College students must apply online at by following these steps:

  • Go to
  • Log in with your MyHumber credentials
  • Click the Student Awards & Financial Aid tab
  • Select Apply for Student Aid
  • Complete the Work Study application form

Please note the Summer online application on myHumber that opens April 23, 2022, is only for students who are brand new to full-time study at Humber College for Summer 2022. Students can complete this Humber Spring Summer 2022 Work Study Form and email it to

When to apply for Work Study approval:
  • Applications for Work Study approval are available during different times of the year depending on which semester you will be in a Work Study position.
  • If you are already Work Study approved for the past fall/winter AND taking courses in the Summer OR returning to Full-Time studies in the Fall, you do not need to reapply for summer Work Study approval.
  • If you do not currently have Work Study Approval - the last day to apply for fall/winter Work Study approval is April 22nd, 2022, after which, you will need to apply for the Summer Work Study approval, which opens April 23rd, 2022. Either option will allow you to work in the summer term.
  • Applications for Work Study approval are available during different times of the year depending on which semester you will be in a Work Study position.
  • Fall/Winter 2022-2023 Work Study applications will be available at the end of July . Humber students can access the Work Study application on MyHumber. Guelph-Humber students can access Work Study applications on the careers website.

Once you are Work Study approved, you can apply for positions on campus. Some job postings will be listed "On-Campus/Work Study", this means they are looking to hire a student who has been Work Study approved.

To view jobs available on campus, follow these steps:

  • Visit and log in with your MyHumber credentials
  • Click on Jobs > Search > Available Jobs
  • For on campus jobs, under the search bar, there is a "See all jobs" button that drops down more filters. Under Position Type, select On-Campus/Work Study and it will list Work Study positions currently hiring
  • You will need to apply whichever way is described on the job posting you are interested in

For tutorial videos on how to navigate CareerConnect, our job search site where on-campus positions are listed, click here.

Need help with your resume or cover letter? Humber's Career Services provides free resume reviews and career assessment to help you better identify positions to assist with your personal and professional goals.

Congratulations! You've been hired for a job on campus. All Work Study roles require students to attend a set of mandatory trainings that can be scheduled directly with their supervisor.

These may vary per role, but will include:

Don't forget to add this experience to your Co-Curricular Record, which is a formal record of skill development that takes place outside of the classroom but on campus.